Thursday, April 5, 2012

Stover-Chapter 8

The domestic violence advertisements by David Plunkert caught my attention in this chapter. Mostly because I find it an interesting and different approach to domestic violence. I could not find the picture online but it's on page 134 in the book. There's a series of them and they all have a cartoony appearance and a not so serious feel. I like them because they are creative and clever but I don't think they get the point across as well as the typical domestic violence advertisements like the one below. Perhaps he was targeting children, or he might be putting it into a cartoony feel so people don't instantly look away.

The ad below is a bit of a different approach. It adds humor to the situation, by showing a couple and the woman looks abused. It says, "look good in all you do". I think this is a good approach for this because some of those domestic violence ads are really brutal and you just see someone jacked up and have to look away instantly. In this one, the text is incorporated with the image really well and ads comic relief to the situation, while definitely still getting the point across.



No comments:

Post a Comment