Thursday, April 5, 2012

Niederer - Spoof Ad Concepts

The first of my concepts was mentioned in class--I am interested in making a spoof on the MiO liquid water enhancer ads; I have always found it interesting that they steamroller on talking about enhancing water when in reality I've only seen their product being used as alcohol shot enhancers.  I'd like to point out this alternate use in a humorous / mocking manner.


The second of my concepts is much more developed and I'm a bit more invested in--it's a play on the ad campaigns by the nail polish company, Essie.  Most of the ads that I've seen by the company feature a waterfall of nail polish being rained down upon some innocent random object, from ice cream to sailboats.



I'd like to do a play on this with an ad campaign entitled 'messie,' in which I utilize a similar quote to what the company places in their ads and draw attention to the fact that 1) nail polish is naturally a messy process, anyway and 2) the fact that their campaigns always feature a situation that, in reality, would be a giant mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment