Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Callebert Ch. 7-8

Katie Callebert
Chapter 7

I was instantly drawn to The Nature Conservancy ads on page 113. As the text book discussed making a comparison of an old and improved self. What better advertisement for a The Nature Conservancy than to show that NOTHING has changed. This ad takes a second to look at and digest but again, that is just the brilliant ad agency thinking about their target audience.  Baby boomers and retirees would be flipping through a magazine and see these beautiful landscapes.  Maybe someone visited one of these places in the past in their twenties or even as a child. I am sure many would be thrilled to discover that there is a foundation working their hardest to keep the nature and beauty alive for the next generation to enjoy.  I would say this is genius. Hey, I am pulling out my check book and I can barely afford subway.
I am not sure if the ad below is quite as successful, but it makes you think about nature and that what is important and similar about this ad and the ads in our book. There is ads for so many products and companies. In actuality, probably every product and company.  So a few ads for animals and nature I am behind that idea one hundred percent.
( Good thing this is on a blog and not printed out! :) )
Chapter 8

"When Johnnie comes marching home again, he should get more than a few hurrahs." I definitely think this ad is brilliant. The large type is attention grabbing but not too bold and distracting that you are unable to see the photo in the background or the section of text on the right side of the ad. Now, despite the design approval that I have for this ad ( as well as the other thanksusa.org that are also featured on the page) I have a personal reason for finding the mission of this non profit organization admirable. My friend Collin served a tour in Iraq and is going to Afghanistan in August. I miss him so much and deployment really takes a tole on the mind. I also know that any type of appreciation is well received.

Now this is completely a personal opinion on another National pride ad. I do not think that this ad shows our military in a appropriate way. I also do not think that Kid Rock, whose biggest claim to fame  was a brief relationship with Pamela Anderson is a good role model nor spokesperson for the United States National Guard. Side note: the commercial is even worse.


No comments:

Post a Comment