Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Stover-Chapter 4

I really like this ad due to its humor. For me, it seems ads that use some sort of humor or fun factor make it more about fun and entertainment than solely about selling a product. This ad is great because they are trying to promote their hotel, so they make it look all lovely and then they throw in the stars and discretely say, “not included” at the bottom. This just strikes me as hilarious because they are deliberately acting cheap. It’s a way of saying hey, we want your money but at least we’ll be upfront and comical about it.



The comparing ad I chose continues along the line of the ad that says “now a door in every room!”. I think this is helpful because our professor was stressing the importance of doing a series and how it can be pretty easy yet effective. I think this series plays off of eachother very well; it’s comical, it’s simple, and inviting. I think these utilize the reversal method to a degree too; in the sense that some of the things said on the posters are opposite of what is actually happening, like surely there’s not going to be dog shit in the main entrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment