Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Paul Latka CH 7. Response

Chapter 7:

The best advertisement in my opinion in chapter 7 was the old style painting with the BMW in it. I like this ad because I like how they used an old hand drawn painting of what seemed to be old asian scenery, and then painted in a new age car in the same style. I feel like this ad is trying to get the point across of this certain car being able to go anywhere the driver can take, which in turn works really well. I also like it because the overall design is very simple, meaning there aren’t a lot of things to distract the viewer’s eye.

An ad that I found that closely resembles the River and Peak ad in the book, is a Land Rover ad that I found online. In this ad it too gives the message of being a car that can take a person where ever they can imagine. This ad however based on the car as well I feel is geared more towards people who like to spend most of their times outdoors. This can be seen with this ad with people parachuting around an island, along with many other ads that Land Rover releases.

No comments:

Post a Comment