Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Paul Latka CH 3. Response

Chapter 3:

In chapter 3 I really liked the advertisement for the “Stolen handbag I, II”. At first I interpreted the message behind the image as warning people to basically watch out for their personal belongings or they will never know where they will end up. Then I released the small little logo in the bottom left hand corner talking about designer handbags and I released that it could mean that someone would not want to carry around their personal belongings in a trash can or on the floor. Regardless I like how this advertisement is not as straight forward as others and allows a person to come up with their own story behind the image.

Going off my initial thought about these 2 pictures I compared it to the Above the Influence “Sick” commercial. There is a scene in the commercial where after the girls is done vomiting she sees all of her personal things in the toilet. Shortly after there is a message saying that the only thing wasted is you. Even though it is not selling designer handbags it is getting a message across to the viewer, in this case a more serious one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIU2UXUlFyM

No comments:

Post a Comment