Saturday, April 21, 2012

Callebert (Dan May)

Katie Callebert
Dan May's Presentation

Dan May began with his "You don't own me" mentality. I appreciate and relate to that state of mind especially as I prepare to graduate. It was interesting to hear a designers journey from beginning to end and the feelings May had along the way.  As an aspiring designer, I have respect and I am willing to listen to anything an experienced designer has to say. Dan May really got my attention when he was talking about making designs for John Lennon, Cream, Nirvana, and Kill Bill. Reality set in when he described the impact that the lack of communication with the client had on the designs. The jobs that I would except to be so glamorous, were described in quite the opposite way.  Over all, as a design student I can learn from anyone who has the experience that Dan May has.

No comments:

Post a Comment