Monday, April 30, 2012

Paul Latka- Johnnie Crawler Final Spoof AD


    The advertisement that I chose to spoof is the advertisements for Johnnie Walker. In my ad I decided to change the name to Johnnie Crawler because I wanted to show the aftermath of drinking. In my ad I decided to keep it as simple as their original ads, and only use the logo and a yellow line that splits the page. The main thing that I did in this project was repeat the logo across the yellow line, while changing it slightly. In the end I wanted to make it seem like the stages of drinking, for example at first you don’t really feel anything, then you start losing your belongings, and then you can’t even walk and you start crawling. I want to give the Johnnie Walker company credit for being able to use their logo for this project. For this project I used a magazine and just printed out my piece to place in there.

    The medium behind this work is mainly for print advertising, whether it be printed in a magazine like I have, or have the ad be printed on a billboard, or any other form of advertising. The main subject in this piece and the main focus of the ad is the Johnnie Crawler logos in the middle of the page. The logos give a viewer a sense of motion leading from the left of the page to the right. I feel as if my piece is deconstructive because it is made up of very few elements. I used as little imagery as possible in order for it to still get the point across while leaving it up for the viewers interpretation. The experiences that I bring into this work, is I’ve witnessed the stages of being drunk first hand in my friends. They went through stages of being fine to slowly starting to lose the mobility to the point of crawling and passing out. The one other work that this can compare to is the one dealing with yellow tail being a good wingman. Both pieces have to deal with alcohol, and I feel that both pieces also kind of show the affects of alcohol as well. The purpose of this piece is to make people laugh and smile but at the same time make people be aware that too much alcohol is not good for a person. I feel like the final piece is pretty successful, I took everyone’s input into consideration and made the proper changes. The only weakness I can think of is possibly using a different typeface, for “When walking is not an option.”

1 comment:

  1. Did you know you can shorten your urls with OUO and get cash for every click on your shortened links.

    ReplyDelete