Thursday, April 19, 2012

Nick Souksavat - Spoof Ad Critique

Setting my focus on the TOPSHOP campaign, it really just came down to selecting the best shots and compositing the images into a two-page lay out for a magazine.

The first two images are shot to resemble actual TOPSHOP ads more closely. They appear to be a bit more fashion forward even though the actual clothing is far from it. All are done in color and b&w variations.



These two are shot in more parodying light. Again, really going for the not so fashionable choices. But the composition itself is less professional/editorial.



I settled on the name $TOP$HOP because I think it has a better ring to the name versus my initial idea of BOTTOMSHOP. I'm also doing taxi tent ads because I've seen these all over the city recently. Their layout is different and it allows for more body copy to be used. 

No comments:

Post a Comment