Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Kathie Trela - Spoof Ad Progress













I decided to chose L'oreal as my spoof ad. I did some further research about L'oreal and I found many ads for their products like True Match foundation have different women, but they are look the same. They claim to have many shades, but when I searched their ads for this foundation, most of the ads looked the same and they use the same shade in all their ads. It's like they only have one shade. All of the women are so airbrushed that makes them all look identical. I also noticed that they have not ads for darker skinned women. Therefore, for my spoof ad, I would have a series of very different looking women, perhaps of different ethnicities. It would be called No'real and I would call it Mis Match instead of True Match and it would consist of one shade. There would be a before photo and the after photo would be so airbrushed that all the women will look very similar. Additionally, I found some articles about how there were L'oreal ads banned for being misleading and that some claim that they whitenned some models in their ads like the one of Beyonce below. I may add that concept to my spoof ad also. Their slogan is "Because you're worth it" and I do not have any ideas of how to change that yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment