Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dan May Lecture - Schober

Dan May's presentation was very eye opening for me. As an advertising student, I've been learning that creating ads is a balancing act between what you believe is creative, and what the client thinks will improve their bottom line. Hearing someone in the Design world articulate this as well was comforting. I loved hearing Mr. May's stories of bad client communication. It taught me that much conflict between creative ideas and client desires can be solved simply by talking. It gives you an idea of what the client wants, and reduces the frustration of spending time on something that will be denied in the end. Also, since taking Professor Wilbur's typography class, I loved Mr. May's talk about the attitudes behind Serif and San Serif fonts, and how they convey different meanings to the viewer. As a Pysch minor, I love finding out what subtle visuals influence people, especially the subconscious nuances of beauty and ugliness, both on print and online.

No comments:

Post a Comment