Thursday, April 19, 2012

Zach Wardlaw- Dan May Presentation

I enjoyed the presentation by Dan May on Tuesday. I had also seen him in GD300 on Monday, so I was familiar with his style of teaching. It was interesting to see his personal portfolio as well as hear his views on design and communication as it is today.As an Advertising major, I would love to see Dan as a professor at DePaul. He seems to understand design from a side that is rooted in communication and applicable. It was refreshing to hear a designer talk about the way things are and they way things should be on a scale above their own lives. I strongly agree with much of Dan's philosophy on design and communication, especially the part about environmental consciousness. He seems to still have a goal and a mission that drives him to push beyond the limits of everyday life and make an impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment