Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Emily Iammarino -Dan May Response

Dan May's presentation of his work was very quirky and fun. Even though it got a bit confusing at times I overall enjoyed his presentation. I especially liked the part where he talked about his design work in band merchandising. Designing band merchandise was one of my dream jobs in high school because I always wanted to design band-Ts for my favorite bands. So it was interesting to see how he said it wasn't actually that fun due to the picky-ness of the clients or bands. One comment he made that stuck out to me was that it's easy to become disconnected with the client and get wrapped up in your own work, so it's always important to remember to communicate first. Also he mentioned that good art work is usually informative art. I liked this statement because advertising isn't usually seen as "art" because it's so common and overlooked. But at its core advertisements are supposed to be informative so it up to the artist or art director to find a solution as to how they can perfectly combine information to art in order to convey a successful message.

No comments:

Post a Comment