Thursday, April 5, 2012

Katherine Brown- Spoof Ad

My first spoof idea is taking Kraft Foods and making it Craft foods. I would mainly be taking main products of theirs and showing them in an arts and craft type way. For example, I think I would work mainly with Kraft singles, Kraft’s Velveeta Cheese, Macaroni and Cheese, and potentially Miracle whip. I want to show similar ads such as the ones I found below, and have the products made out of construction paper, glue, and tape. For one idea, I was thinking about taking an actual kraft single and tearing it into pieces then taping it back together and photographing it. For Velveeta, I wanted to make a block of cheese out of construction paper. I am also trying to find a way to incorporate Miricle Whip somewhere in there and have it be replaced with glue. Macaroni is also very common to use in arts and crafts so I wanted to play with that idea. The point of these ads could be one of two things. Either it’s a fun interpretation of the products and a play on name, or it reads into the fact that Kraft food isn’t always a pure as it seems. It does the job but may not be the most “real” food.








My send spoof idea is to take Cover Girl and make it into Cover Grill. I would be working mostly with lipstick ads and would be advertising a way to spruce up your grill. It could be with something shiny you rub on it, or if you add jewels to it. I’m not really sure yet, I’m having a little more trouble with this idea. But I looked at some ads that I would potentially work off of and they are below. 





No comments:

Post a Comment