Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The ad I liked for this chapter is the one for Ayotte drums titled Yellow Pages. I couldn't find the picture online, but it's the one with the yellow pages book on the table all beat up with some drumsticks lying next to it. I liked this one because it is oh so truthful. My roommate plays drums but does not have his drumset at the apartment but he has drumsticks, and he beats the hell out of tables and all sorts of stuff with them by air drumming. I get a kick out of advertisements that are really truthful. That's why I want to spoof the miller lite vortex bottle. 


In comparison to the yellow pages drum ad, this Starbucks ad struck me as amusing. I like it because it also speaks the blatant truth (not about the child molesters part). Starbucks doesn't even need advertising anymore, which is basically what they say in this ad. This might actually be a spoof ad because it says Holytaco at the bottom, so I'm not sure if it is but the point is that truthful ads make them funny. As a company, Starbucks must be very content that they can do whatever they want for advertising and still rack in money.

No comments:

Post a Comment