Thursday, April 5, 2012

Nick Souksavat - Spoof Ad Ideas

As mentioned during class, I have the following Spoof Ad ideas...


1. BOTTOM SHOP | BOTTOM MAN (TOPSHOP|TOPMAN)


A spoof on the new addition to the Michigan Ave. shopping scene, TOPSHOP|TOPMAN is a clothing retailer similar to H&M which also has roots in Europe. The style aesthetic ranges from edgy to eccentric fashion charging outlandish prices for the quality of product. The ads for these type of stores are pretty minimal. They just showcase models wearing different outfits - almost like cutouts from a look book. 


Examples:






Based on these examples, I will definitely still shoot my models similarly. However, I think I'll parody the fashion with outfits that are fashion backwards rather than forward. Obviously, I will incorporate the new brand name as well. 


2. STEALBUCKS (Starbucks)


This spoof ad is meant to be more of a social commentary which in advertising is a popular vehicle to participate in corporate social responsibility (CSP). Like I had mentioned, Starbucks has created a commodity out of coffee which is accessed pretty much around the world. The brand just capitalized on a widely available resource turning it into an unnecessary luxury item. For my ads, I want to do some trick food photography which will be extremely visually captivating only to integrate simple, but powerful copy in the ad. Stylistically, I'll base my ads around the following examples: 




In addition to the ads, I'll rework the iconic Starbucks logo so it fits the brand image of Stealbucks. 



No comments:

Post a Comment