Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Dan May Presentation-Lenckus

This afternoon, Dan May opened up some insight about design for me. I had seen his concepts in a way of self-expression above any other purpose for communication. Letting aside the obstacles of working for a particular industry, Dan seems to march by the beat of his own drum. Just like his introductory biographical slides, there are lots of motivations that Dan has which drive him to think the way he does. Dan combines creativity with the actual events going on in the media, his passion for pop culture and civilization as a whole really compose the framework for his ideologies and career output. I really enjoyed listening to Dan, because I see his work as a sense of self-refelection, philosophizing on the way he views the world. I can relate to him because of his constant struggle with trying to implement sustainability, while still struggling to make the successful execution. By critique, I would say that Dan needs improvement on making his pieces more finalized: I feel that some things look messy and rushed, but his overall concepts have great potential. I myself find that this problem exists within my work, and trying to sharpen the ideas that I have as well as creating something very visually appealing just don't always seem to have great success.

No comments:

Post a Comment