Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Holloman - Spoof Ad (2)


































Taking suggestions from class today, this is what I came up with. I chose 5 photos that I thought were kind of cliche and boring and applied different instagram effects to them.

I'm still working on my version of the logo, so that's why right now it's almost identical to the real logo.

I found on Instagram's website that their slogan is 'fast beautiful photo sharing' and so far I've changed that to ' cliche beautiful photo editing'
I'm still working on what to change beautiful to.

I also found a small paragraph of information that describes the app

And so far I've changed that to:

     Meet Hipstagram
     It’s a quick, easy and cliche way to share your photos with friends and family.
     Snap a picture, choose a filter to make it über hip, then post to Hipstagram.
     Who needs Photoshop – this is as easy as pie. It's photo editing, reinvented.
     Oh yeah, did we mention it’s free?

 I'm not sure if that paragraph is even necessary for a print ad at all, but if I do use it I'm also not sure if it needs more altering or if I could leave it as is.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other idea I had started to work on but didn't develop as far was spoofing a scent by Tommy Hilfiger called EAU DE PREP

I really didn't develop this idea all that much because I liked the instagram spoof better so I only have 1 very basic mock up that I was working on:


Real Ad:


I used a photo of the Gossip Girl cast in my mock up because had I chose this idea for my final it was a place holder until I was able to take my own photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment