Thursday, April 5, 2012

Lenckus Chapter 7-9

In chapter 7, the ad that made me chuckle the most would have to be the boeri helmet ad with the bunnies and worm. I think that it was a funny use of everyday items and figments of nature that would alow some sort of creativity. Because I myself am not someone to get a very extravagant amounts of inspiration through media, sometimes its the small unnoticed things in our everyday life that really make an impact on what we want to try to make something more. With that, I chose an ad to compare with would be Toyota Prius' Game of Life campaign. They took an idea with the simple game of LIFE and went hogwild with it. Literally, they chose these complex metaphors, and I can only imagine how intense the production could have been to have made these mutiple commercials and scenes. So, my point here is that sometimes ideas can be taken so literal and others can be as simple and straight forward to have the same intensity of a message.











CHAPTER 8) TYPEFACE! One of the best things about advertising, because for me, it is what I lack! I think that studying typography is going to be a blast, and actually implementing it (when I know what I am doing) will take my ads to the next level. Right now, I am more focused on the clean look of typography, and I really loved how the book covers a play on the typography for more interest. My favorite was the concept that "Passion adn Beauty" ads done by Bugusky ... It reminded me of a concrete poem, where you would use words of that image to create the image instead of using shading. I think that this is visually interesting, and also leaves just as much emphasis on the typography itself. Here is a series of ads done by Burger King where the words create the visuals, and the visuals speak the words. 


Chapter 9) My favorite ads in this chapter were the ones that spoke the most toward me through simplicity. The ads by Gregg Bergan and Jeff Martin with the little vespa details were so contemporary, fresh, and unique. Placing the images that ran off the page made me feel like I wanted to see more, and it would make me want to go to the website, check out the product and investigate further. Which is usually hard to do: make a simple print ad want you to do more than just ingest the message. The placement of this composition worked best for what this chapter was trying to describe. I wanted to show just another example of this particular style of simplicity with this Coke ad... it had the simple white background, but the product was key. I liked the innovative idea of running the coke off the page, which mirrored what the Vespa was trying to accomplish as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment