Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Paul Latka CH 4. Response

Chapter 4:

I have this chapter on branding to be very insightful and an interesting read, I like how one of the main points in branding is to be as unique as possible in order to stand out from the crowd, especially in such a competitive market. One of the ads that were shown in this chapter that I really liked and remember watching was the “video game” cola commercial. I remember when I first saw it I was very intrigued by it because I actually thought that it was a video game at first. I remember it catching my attention from the other room to the point where I walked to the tv and just stared in aww. Finally, when the commercial reached its end I saw the cola bottles and the coca cola logo and I was pretty disappointed that it got my attention only to turn out that it was a coke commercial. Even though I was disappointed it did however catch my attention and stuck out which is something that this chapter talked about.

One advertisement that always gets my attention, and that I watch every time it airs is the Jack Links beef jerky commercial. They have a bunch of different skits that titled “Messin with Sasquatch” that always amuse me. Even though it doesn’t trick me into thinking that it is for a video game like the cola commercial it still makes me stay on their commercial to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment