Thursday, April 5, 2012

Dan Kozerski - Chapters 7-9

Chapter 7:
I really enjoyed how cleverly simple the sony camera ad on pg. 111 was. The imagery was extremely simple, but the ad was also a bit deconstructive, drawing the viewer in until he/she realizes what the ad is saying. An effective way to convey a product feature. Below is a similar style campaign. It's an ad for audiobooks, which isn't realized right away. I thought it was clever.


Chapter 8:
My favorite ad from this chapter was on pg. 131 - the 32nd Cleveland International Film Festival poster. I love the hand written atheistic. It has a very zine-like feel, yet it's very clean. I really admire this style as I've been trying to learn certain elements of it myself. Below is some work by Stefan Sagemeister, which I find to be quite similar, as far as the type. Organic, yet clean.


Chapter 9:
I absolutely love the typography-based ads for jimmy johns. Though some people feel like the text is overwhelming, making them not what to read it, I find the look to be beautiful, making me WANT to read it. Though the example below uses significantly less type, it's just as beautiful. And it's very clever too!




No comments:

Post a Comment