Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Stover-Spoof Ads



One of my ideas is to spoof the Miller Lite vortex bottle in some way. I'm thinking of taking the advertisement above and replacing the text that says "great pilsner taste" to "doesn't do shit". I'm not sure if people would advise against the profanity, but I couldn't help but laugh at this idea. For the magazine placement, I was thinking this would fit in a sports magazine or the social section of a newspaper. 
For the second medium, I do some animation work too, so I was thinking of taking the picture above, removing the "great pilsner taste" and animating the text "doesn't do shit" come into the white space and fade in and out and make it look fancy. 



My other spoof idea is to take one of these beats by dre ads and say, "being cool isn't free". Beats are so prevalent that I think I could get away with putting this in any magazine, but I will probably do one regarding audio or some sort of technology theme. I think I'll end up going with the latter picture just because it has more of an advertisement feel to it, whereas the first is more of just a logo.
For the other medium, I want to take a picture of a CTA bus or taxi and use photoshop to morph the spoof ad onto the bus or taxi, where they usually have advertisements of some kind. Beats are really common, so I wouldn't doubt seeing an ad on a bus or taxi, so I think this would look realistic and funny if done right.

No comments:

Post a Comment