Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Stover-Chapter 2


The advertisements by Bill Schwab at the end of the second chapter were the most appealing to me in this chapter. I particularly like what they did with the “bump in the road”. I couldn’t find an exact replica to the one in the book, but it says, “Okay. Your investments hit a bump in the road. How do you get over it?” I like it because it looks graphically cool, which I am always a big fan of, but mostly I like that it took a very popular phrase and implemented the literal sense of that phrase by putting a giant meteor in the middle of the road. I think this is both clever and a little unexpected. I even like the way they wrote the text with periods and no other punctuations, I think it’s more to the point because of this punctuation. In addition, if you were in this car, you would have no idea what to do if you can’t drive around it except to find the right person to help you move the bump. So it’s good advertisement due to this since it’s leaving you no option but to get some serious help. My only gripe is that the two people standing inside of the bump like terribly robotic, fake, and unnecessary. 



I’m comparing this image with the first because I think it does a better job in clarifying the amount of coverage you have and puts more emphasis on the car as the investment. After looking at this one, the bump in the road image doesn’t communicate what the investment is very well. Investments in general or car investment? It’s also in the middle of nowhere, so you wouldn’t expect it anywhere possible to get help, but that might be too much realistic thinking. I also like the typography aspect, it’s a creative way of communicating the coverage and  what the coverage is for.

No comments:

Post a Comment