Thursday, May 3, 2012

Rumin - Spoof Ad Final






This is final series of spoof advertisements on Axe Body Spray. I changed the name to Sax (as in ball sacks) to show how overly masculine the commercials. Also, the commercial and advertisements always focus on how just spraying the deodorant will attract and infinite number of women. The audience the original product focuses on is young males who may not have the confidence to talk to women. Therefore, my spoof focuses on the deodorant making your testicles bigger, or gaining the confidence to talk to women. I think it is a social commentary on that no one product will help a person be more attractive. I also play on the fact that bigger is better notion in male products. My advertisement will be placed in the bathroom stalls so you can read and ponder in your most intimate moments. 




There a couple reasons why I chose Axe as a product. First, Axe seems to have different types of ads that are all clever and humorous. There product is about sex, and therefore since they cannot mention it have to find different innuendos for it. This is a more difficult approach than other products that can have it displayed. Therefore, Axe products try to symbolic and minimalistic style, which I tried to keep. I am unsure how successful I am in this approach, and actually if other people will like it or not. The type of magazine the advertisement would appear in would be a men's fashion one, such as GQ. For an audience of young men, the Sax brand fragrance would give guys the confidence they need to get the girl that they dream of.

No comments:

Post a Comment