Tuesday, May 29, 2012

LENCKUS My LIfe in Advertising

I am a very inspired person, typically from sources of art, fashion, and photography. Being a photographer, I feel that with the right intention, all photos (or atleast the ones that I take) can be made into advertisements. I seek out photos as a way to tell a story, and to emulate messages for a specific target audience. There is little that I just "shoot to make a shot", but rather, I try to combine all the technical elements along with a message strategy in order to make a photograph worth while.

I my life in advertising, I want to make my photographs come to life through explaining the products and lifestyle that I live every day. I recently have done an analysis for another class on hip-hop in advertising, and I found it extremely relevant to this topic. Although I am not cultured in the hip-hop world, the use of hip-hop as a tool for marketers has changed society and advertising.

My inspirations and interests come from things being of INTENSE means. I like strong messages, bright colors, loud music, and fast-pace lifestyle. I find myself always being busy, pushing for the 'and beyond...', and living life for the moment. Edgy and proud, my style is usually that of which people want to get to know, engage, and most of all, question.

For this campaign, I want to use a little bit of humor, since I have always been a sarcastic person, out to make as many people laugh and smile as possible. I have been in this habit of saying, "WHO ARE YOU" as a joke to usually point-out unordinary people or attitudes. haha. So with this, I want to take that sadistic tone of trying to rudely question someone's quirky or unusual disposition, which I feel I have myself.

The design I want to approach would be that of a very edgy, modern, neon-colored presentation. IKEA and mockingly creative ads have struck my interest in the approach I am trying to emulate.

Advertising: IKEA
Artist: Rothko


Artist: James Rosenquist

DALEK Graffiti artist


LOMOGRAPHY photography (marketing strategies on this are HUGE, which I love! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment