Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Holloman - Life in Advertising

To start brainstorming an idea for this project, I thought about what started the development of my interest in art/design.

I came up with 3 questions/answers for myself, so I could start collecting inspiration:

Why did I get into Design/Advertising?
Taking Graphics freshman year, project on andy warhol Sophomore year, working on yearbook junior year, getting into photography

What images/designs could I use to represent that?
My own work (photography/design)
Andy Warhol, Saul Bass, Annie Leibovitz, August Sander, Hannah Hoch, Rene Magritte


What designers/artists inspired me?

Andy Warhol Saul Bass Annie Leibovitz August Sander Hannah Hoch Rene Magritte

After thinking about and answering these questions, I came up with the idea to create some sort of collage. As of now, I would probably collage some of my own work that I'm most proud of as well as enough that shows my progression along with some of these artists' works that have inspired me along the way. I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with the idea, however, I collected some imagery from those artists that I would consider including.





I'm still really working on this project, and coming up with an idea that I really love, but this is what I've got so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment