Monday, May 7, 2012

Kozerski - Chapters 13, 14, 15

Chapter 13:
The image/concept that I most enjoyed in this chapter was the customizable backpack website by Lands End. I loved how the design catered to children. I feel like interactive promotion is always extremely effective. The company gets so much extra, free advertising out of the campaign through word of mouth, especially now that we are in the middle of a social media era. It really reminds me of Nike's ID website. While it's not a campaign it's a very similar concept. When users create something themselves they are going to want to talk about it with their friends, which creates so many subliminal customer referrals. Below is a screenshot of the site.


Chapter 14:
In this chapter I really liked the Sony Ericsson "Dance-Off" campaign. I feel like print ads can be deconstructive when something is irrelevant from the topic but done so well that it intrigues the viewer to do research, which is what the company wants. Keeping this in mind, I feel like this campaign is a really good translation of this concept into the viral video world, in which we can view and share videos, through our phones, in seconds. The animation is very well done, making the reader want more. In a generation where Google is at our figure tips it's perfect. Though the ad below from Sequoia is more revealing I find it to be a very similar concept. The animation is well done that it's intriguing. The viewer wants to share it and find out more about the product, which can easily be done through phones and is what the company wants.

Sequoia Ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vFQGrjXa0xI

Chapter 15:
The campaign that made the biggest impact on me from this chapter was the Paper Recruitment Campaign. I love how it challenges the viewer, something that I think is hard to do with a print ad. You have no sound our movement, yet it makes one want to beat the test on the sign. I love this style of campaign because it makes the ads memorable. It's like a checkpoint in your mind, or something that you'll want to tell other people about. A similar campaign that I've seen is from Tic Tac. They have these print ads on street corners and what not that provoke people with smart phones to scan the ads for a special surprise. I don't have a smart phone but I'm pretty sure it animates the ad, which is cool. Below is a pic of one. It's low-res, I know, but was the best I could find.


No comments:

Post a Comment