Monday, May 21, 2012

Ally Geoffrey's Final SMC


        My Social Media Campaign is for a smart phone app called No Glu that makes eating, shopping, and living gluten free more convenient for those who suffer from Celiac Disease, have a gluten intolerance, as well as those who choose to eat a gluten free diet. I designed the different pages and layouts in Photoshop and finished my work on May 21, 2012. 
      The medium for this project was all Photoshop in addition to existing iPhone application screens that I edited to fit No Glu. The app includes a barcode scanner that alerts shoppers if certain products contain gluten. If it does, the app will ask the shopper if they would like an alternative gluten free suggestion. No Glu also offers printable and scannable coupons for gluten free products. No Glu allows users to find and search for restaurants and bakeries that have gluten free options and will be linked to Google, Google Maps, and Yelp so the users can find out more about the menu options, locations, and get feedback and reviews from other gluten free users. Also for the users convenience, the app allows users to browse recipes and save them to their recipe box for later use. Finally, users can check into various restaurants and share recipes through FaceBook as well as food blogs such as Gluten Free Mommy, Gluten Free Girl and the Chef, and The Gluten Free Blog. 
The app was designed to be simple. Each page only has the essential elements to help the users get what their looking for, but still holds their attention. I picked the color scheme tan and red where the tan represents the color of wheat and red to represent “none” or the absence of gluten. I used the color scheme consistently through out the app with the typeface Andy and Gill Sans. Being gluten free, I tried to make the app convenient as possible and took my personal situations and applied them to No Glu. I used my own insight to build an app that reaches my specific audience and makes life for gluten free people a bit easier. Overall, I believe my social media campaign was successful, especially since I am part of my target audience. My strengths are that I have a good insight about my audience and have first hand experience shopping, eating, and living gluten free. I feel like I put a lot of thought and planning into No Glu and making the app user friendly, reliable, and simple. 







No comments:

Post a Comment