Monday, May 28, 2012


When I think about the things I enjoy the most, music, technology, and high resolution graphics come to mind. I took some 3d modeling and animation classes and I want to incorporate those skills into this final project.
My goal for this project is to create a really high-res and detailed large poster, 24x36”, that I can later have printed. I want the theme to revolve around abstract shapes and effects that symbolize audio waves and frequencies. I want to model some 3d speakers and objects/effects in Maya and import them into the poster in photoshop. I also want to experiment with creating brushes out of 3d objects and using lots of 3d shapes that are angled differently, giving it a lot of depth and dimension.
This relates to the class because posters, flyers, and music event artwork are always needed. More importantly, knowing the mechanics and procedures behind the printing procedures for high-res posters is a practical thing to know for the field. For example, I will make the poster at 300 DPI and make sure to work on it when at 100% zoom to make sure I get it as detailed as possible, making it look great once printed.

A large part of the inspiration for this project comes from an artist named Android Jones. He does a lot of high res digital artwork with 3d elements incorporated. This video is a time lapse of a self portrait he did, and it shows him creating scatter brushes out of 3d objects and changing the rotation and angles of 3d shapes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3I5w748gbfk

Most of his pieces are incredibly vibrant and colorful and have a lot of hidden shapes. I also really like how his art is both made digitally a lot of the time but also has themes about technology with tech patterns and incredible detail, like in this picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment