Sunday, June 3, 2012

CH 13, 14, 15

CH 13
I loved the Swaggerize me campaign. I think it's a hilarious idea to give someone the opportunity to make fake articles about themselves. It's brilliant because everyone is Google searching themselves these days.

I found an interesting Social Media campaign called Live Below the Line. They are challenging people to live five days spending $1.50 or less on food and drink, to signify the impossibleness of this task and raise awarenesss for people living in poverty. Part of the campaign is called Come Dine Below the Line, which  encourages people to host their friends for a dinner party and serve a meal worth 50 cents per person. They can share photos of their 50 cent per person meals with the hashtag #dinebelowtheline. 


Even though these campaigns are for very different causes, I think they both do what good campaigns should do. They catch people's attention, get people involved in the brand or group, and get people talking.


CH 14
I really liked the UrbanDaddy App. It seems so perfect, so all encompassing, to have an app that factors in your life and helps you make plans. It's like having an app search the web for you, with your own brain. I don't think the upscale audience is the only audience hungry for something like this. I think everyone wants their own personal assistant that knows their tastes.


I found an interesting app called Pair, that allows people in a relationship their own personal line  to communicate within. No hiding Facebook posts, or messages and pictures you don't want anyone else to see. I think that people want to share things, but are getting tired of dealing with other people's responses when they are not part of the message. It can be hard to remember message privately or to custom share. With an app like this, its like everything goes through a secret channel.

Ch 15
I loved the unconventionial ad for BCAA Road Assistance AAA on the coat hanger, instructing non members to try in vain to retrieve their car keys with it. I think its brilliant, using something that everyone has probably tried, whether on a car or another door, and we know doesn't work well. At the same time, they are reminding them of the alternative: Getting AAA.


I love this ad I found for Mr. Clean. Instead of on a print ad, it is on a very clean cross walk stripe! It demonstrates that Mr. Clean could get something even as dirty as a street where people walk and cars drive clean again! These kind of ads that take something you are familiar with, like a hanger or a crosswalk, and twist them for the brand, are the most successful because they get you looking differently at objects in your everyday life.







No comments:

Post a Comment