Tuesday, June 5, 2012

wardlaw MLIA Final

I was originally going to create an image of myself and my surroundings using only typography, much like the inspiration images I posted. I decided to move away from that idea because for me, it is really more about the advertising. I am an advertising student and though they obviously affect me in the same way as most other people, my education has lead me to look at how they are advertising instead of what they are advertising.

I decided to make my piece an homage to print advertising and how it effects me. Each article of clothing I am wearing in the piece is masked with an image of print advertising for the company. I made sure that the advertisements matched the general color scheme of the actual article of clothing, so it remained semi-realistic looking. This is showing how there are advertisements for everything and that everything people wear has a brand attached to it. I should mention that Johnny Cupcakes specifically does not advertise (in the traditional sense), so the image used is a poster for a speech given by the owner.

The background of the image is made up of the CMYK color model, again as a reference to print.


No comments:

Post a Comment