Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Holloman - Life in Advertising Final

This project was actually quite difficult for me for some reason. I spent most of the week we had trying to come up with some sort of concept, and couldn't settle on anything. By time I actually started creating things in Illustrator and Photoshop, I hated everything I came up with. I would create something and immediately trash it. Finally, I had the idea to go back with my original thought of artists who inspire me. I remember doing a biography report on Andy Warhol during high school, before I ever got into design/photography/etc. and I think that report and Warhol as an artist are what really inspired me to start playing around with this kind of art.
I ended up choosing to create a piece that features my photograph and a photo of Warhol in his pop art style (style he used most famously in his portraits of Marilyn Monroe). I chose this style because as I stated, Warhol was the artist who got me interested in design, as well as when I did first start using the photo editing programs on my computer, this is the style of some of the edits I created, the same image repeated with the colors and saturation blown out and other similar styles.

The quote I chose is from Warhol as well, and it's one of my favorite quotes overall. I think it also applies to my struggle with this project, because I had a really hard time coming up with an idea, and I think that by reminding myself that "Art is anything you can get away with" while I'm working, it might help me relax when I'm having trouble coming up with designs.
Overall I think this piece is 'my life in advertising' because it advertises, in a sense, my style and design as well as it works as an inspiration piece for when I'm working and having trouble coming up with things.

No comments:

Post a Comment