Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Dolby -- My Life in Advertising


For project 3, I decided to incorporate a few things that I love.  I have grown up coloring in coloring books and still to this day have all of my old coloring books and have some that I still color in today.  Also, I have always had a love for Anna Wintour.  She has been an idol of mine for a long time and I admire and look up to her work.  So, for this project, I put a quote I love, which is “color your world” which means a lot to me.  Not only does it mean to literally color, but to make your life lively and bright.  I try to think of this quote everyday and it helps me see the light in something bad or look for the good.
            This is a poster type project, and I drew some accessories and flowers that look like a coloring book.  The intent is to have someone color them in their own way.  The bottom shoes a great cartoon picture that I found of Anna Wintour, but edited a little bit.  Then I put the quote in the bottom corner.  I scanned my drawings onto the computer.  This took me quite some time because I needed to find a marker or pencil that worked well and looked like a coloring book.  After I found one, a thick black colored pencil, I scanned the rest of the images and was able to make it look like a coloring book.  For Anna, I colored in more of her outfit and added the stars.  I love this picture of her because she is usually so frigid and conservative.  Color your world really goes well with this picture because I feel that if people really do what they want in life and stick to their own paths, they will be happy.  The picture of Anna really made me inspired and she represents so much in the fashion industry it is humorous to me to see her in this fashion. 
           Eventually, I want to print another copy of this and color it in and then print more and have others color it in and see all of the differences.  This would be cool to see how everyone is so different and how people see their lives through color.  This class has taught me a lot and I really enjoyed it.  I learned of different peoples views and considered all of their different opinions. I learned to work a little bit faster and consider my time precious.  I also learned so much about Photoshop and now I am able to take those skills with me in the future.  I enjoyed doing the projects for this class and had a lot of fun along the way.  


         

No comments:

Post a Comment